School of Spiritual Formation courses at the Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation are designed to offer students an engaging study in the foundations and principles necessary to grow and flourish in their relationship with Christ. There are no previous education requirements.
Those interested in taking courses must apply to the Avila Institute’s School of Spiritual Formation Program. Upon acceptance into the Avila Institute, students will then be instructed on how to enroll in courses.
Upcoming Courses: Spring Session 2 (May-June)
- Evangelization and the Spiritual Life: Taught by John Johnson, this course will look at evangelization in its various aspects looking specifically at the writings of some of the recent popes and other important documents. Underlying this, the understanding of evangelization as springing essentially from the interior life, both of the Church and its members will also be considered.
- Duration: 6 weeks
- Start Date: Friday, May 5, 2017
- End Date: Friday, June 9, 2017
- Day/Time: Fridays 8:30 – 10:30 PM (Eastern US)
- Class Dates: May 5, 12,19, 26, June 2, 9
Upcoming Courses: Summer 2017 (June-August)
- Discernment of Spirits taught by Dan Burke
- Dates/Times: Thursdays 8:30-10:30 PM Eastern, June 29, July 6, 13, 20, 27, August 3.
- Batman and the Theology of Christopher Nolan taught by John Johnson
- Dates/Times: Fridays 8:30-10:30 PM Eastern, July 14, 21, 28, August 4, 11, 18.
- St. Elizabeth of the Trinity taught by Julie Enzler
- Dates/Times: Mondays 7:00-9:00 PM Eastern, June 26, July 3, 10, 17, 24, 31.
- Experiencing God: The History of Catholic Spirituality taught by Patrick Linbeck
- Dates/Times: Wednesdays 8:30-10:30 PM Eastern, June 28, July 5, 12, 19, August 9.
- Apply for Admission by June 16th to take courses in the Summer 2017 Session.
- Details are subject to change – check back for more information and changes. Or, to receive updates on upcoming courses and schedules, please email email@example.com and ask to be added to the email list (emails are only sent a few times per quarter).
- Classes are offered “live online” meaning students and professor join at a specific time for an interactive online environment. Students are highly encouraged to participate live, but if unable to, they have the option of watching the recordings after each class, so scheduling conflicts need not be a deterrent.
School of Spiritual Formation Courses are offered six sessions a year with the following schedule:
Fall Quarter (September through November) offers two sessions:
Session 1 is September through October
Session 2 is October through November
Winter Quarter (January through February) offers one session:
Session 1 is January through February
Spring Quarter (March through May) offered two sessions:
Session 1 is March through April
Session 2 is April through May
Summer Quarter (June through August) offeres one session:
Session 1 is June through August
Students can begin in any quarter throughout the year. Courses can be taken in any order.
Courses are six weeks long and are $150 per course (full and partial scholarships are available).
For listing and description of all courses, as well as information on earning a Certificate from the School of Spiritual Formation, please visit the School of Spiritual Formation page or contact our Admissions Counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please click HERE.